Indicator 5.2 – Eastern Middle School - DEMO
Support services are adequate.
This indicator identifies some of the social and psychological resources that are available to students and support services that are available to teachers. It examines whether or not your school provides guidance and counseling, psychological and social work, extracurricular and health-related services to students, and basic support services for all building staff.
- Consider the psychological and social services available to students in the school.
- How might the school establish linkages with community and government agencies to provide such services if they are needed?
- What psychological and social service support needs of staff does the school meet?
- Have a staff committee discuss an individual student or a group of students with problems in school. The person who presents the case or each case is responsible for developing a history of the situation, a description of behaviors and attitudes, and academic concerns. Group members should pose questions that help clarify the issues and offer suggestions for solving problems. Using this discussion as a base, the group decides on the viability of current social and psychological resources and future resources that will address the needs of students prior to discussing school recommendations with parents.
Survey Questions for Indicator 5.2
Considering both quantity and quality, please rate the adequacy of the following resources in meeting your school's goals for student learning:
- Q41L: Copy machines for staff use
- Q41M: Psychological/social work services for students
- Q41N: Custodial services
- Q41O: Academic/career guidance for students
- Q41P: Health related services for students
- Q41Q: Extracurricular activities