Indicator 4.8 – Eastern Middle School - DEMO
Staff development is provided in the areas of decision making and problem solving.
This indicator examines the availability of developing skills in problem solving and decision making through your school's professional development program. It continues a discussion initiated in KEY 2.
- What mechanisms are available for school staff to participate in decision making as a part of the professional development program?
- What evidence do you have of their effectiveness?
- What needs to change in order to ensure this kind of professional development?
- As a school team, build a process for rethinking your professional development program. Responses to the opening questions can help you get started.
- Use DecisionPoints, found in the Tool Box, to begin your work. DecisionPoints is a tool for helping schools think about the current reality, create a vision for desired alternatives to current practices, and determine future directions.
Survey Questions for Indicator 4.8
Based on your own experience or impressions, please indicate how accurately each statement describes the situation in your school:
- Q39A: Opportunities for school staff to learn or develop decision-making skills are available through my school or school district.
- Q39B: Opportunities for school staff to learn or develop problem-solving skills are available through my school or school district.
- Q39C: My school provides opportunities to school employees other than teachers to learn new skills or techniques.