Indicator 4.3 – Eastern Middle School - DEMO
Teachers are prepared to use state or district curriculum assessment or performance standards.
Most states have in place—or are implementing —assessment standards. This indicator measures how well your school's professional development program prepares teachers to use the student assessment and performance standards. The issues here are also highlighted in KEYS 3 and 6.
- What changes must the staff make in your current professional development program to prepare staff for state and/or district standards for assessing student performance?
- Have the staff participate in a process of peer observation and feedback. Under the leadership of a trainer, have groups of teachers, staff, and even students visit other classrooms to observe and collect data. Meet as a group to debrief, analyze, and provide feedback on the extent to which student instruction is related to performance.
Survey Questions for Indicator 4.3
How well prepared do you feel to do the following in your classroom?
- Q20A: Implement new methods of teaching.
- Q20B: Implement state or district curriculum standards.
- Q20C: Implement state or district assessment standards.
- Q20D: Use student performance assessment techniques.