KEYS data indicate that staff at high-performing schools share an atmosphere
of trust and mutual respect and a commitment to shared communication.
This section addresses how to create opportunities for the exchange
of ideas and time to concentrate on issues. After completing the exercises
in this section, participants should be able to:
- Understand the KEYS indicators related to open communication and
collaborative problem solving.
- Identify barriers to open communication and collaborative problem
- Understand the communication styles of others.
- Identify barriers to good listening skills.
- Master techniques that will sharpen student achievement discussions.