Continuous Assessment for Teaching and Learning [second level page]
Staffs of high-performing schools approach student assessments and academic evaluations as a continuous cycle of Plan, Do, Study, Act (PSDA). Indicators:
- Students are partners in the assessment process.
- Everyday activities contribute to evaluations of academic programs — for example, writing assignments that cut across content areas can illuminate gaps in students’ knowledge.
- Assessments matter for students and staff, but are not rigid or “one size fits all.”
- Methods of assessment vary.
- Overall, the school’s programs are consistent and coherent.