Shared Understanding and Commitment to High Goals
Stakeholders in high-performing schools — teachers, education support professionals, administrators, parents, and other members of the community — share high goals and strive to achieve them. Indicators:
- Expectations for students are clear and explicit.
- Each member of the school’s staff takes responsibility for the success of the school as a whole, not just the students they know.
- The curriculum is student-centered, substantive, and develops critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The school operates on the assumption that all students can learn.
- School district administrators support staff and monitor progress.